Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Out with the old, in with the new

Another chapter in the book of my life has ended. This one was particularly long, yet filled with pleasant memories that will leave a residual impact.

The Monster's room was left
just the way we found it
I’ve recently made a move from Winnipeg to rural Manitoba. Accustomed to the fast paced lifestyle of city living, slowing down in the country may prove challenging. I was raised in a small community, so returning to a simple life is not foreign but will take some adjustment.
For almost eight years, I lived in that one apartment. It seems like a long time for some, but for me, it was my home. My Monster didn’t know anything else – he only has those memories.

We were a part of the community, soccer registrations happened at the community centre down the street, school was walking distance, and the walking trail provided the Monster and I ample space for running, biking, and playing.
That apartment in The W.P. was a place where I was able to dust myself off from my previous relationship, gain my strength, and establish myself as an individual. It was safe and secure, like the blanket the Monster doesn’t want to give up.

Thankfully, the blanket was moved to our new home and we’ve been able to move all the pieces that represented not only our home but ourselves.
This massive move was pre-meditated for over a year but it happened suddenly, just the way I like it – no time to change my mind.

Now that everything is said and done, I look back at the process – to think that it was just one week ago that I got the call accepting my application, packed and cleaned the apartment, and moved everything into the new house.

To say that I respond well under pressure is putting it lightly; however, I could not have made this move without my dearest friends and family, and a few Twitter friends that responded to my distress. I don’t know where I would be without them and am grateful to have them in my life, now and always.

Let the new chapter of our lives begin.


Can't beat having your own
private entrance
 

1 comment: