Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Content Marketing 101 - The Benefits


I'm a fan of content: rich, insightful, and attention grabbing content. It has become a large part of my daily life, personally and professionally. I'm not only a fan, but I'm content's biggest advocate for business. I believe in its benefits, and how creative an organization can be in writing and promoting their content.

What actually ARE the benefits of content marketing?

Here are, in no particular order, FIVE of my personal favorite benefits of Content Marketing (AKA - Blogging):

1.Higher Google Ranking

Continuously changing content on your website blog means that you're active online, Google recognizes that and as such, it ranks your site on their search engines without having buy into Adwords. That's not to say that you shouldn't be using SEO - we'll talk about that in another post.

2. Revenue

More content means more readers, more readers means that advertisers are willing to buy space on your site to advertise their business, based on the traffic you produce and the frequency to which you produce your posts.

3.Thought Leadership

You want to be known as an expert in your field, right? Blogging offers you the opportunity to share your experience, provide insight, and answer any questions that your consumer, or potential clients, may have. You have the opportunity to have a voice in the community, be known as a thought leader.

4.Cost Effective

I paid a whole zero dollars for my blog. The platform that I chose, Blogger, was Free of charge. Not all platforms are free, some you'll need to buy a domain name and pay to upgrade your account if there are no satisfactory templates,  but the rest is time and effort. You get what you put into it, investment of self.

5.Build Relationships

I'll write about anything, I'm curious in nature and I knew when I was a kid that being nosy would eventually work in my favor. 

I write about being a Single Working Mom and How to Increase Twitter Followers. I build my audience by writing about things that may interest them, and I tailor my content based on the responses that I get. Get to know your audience, ask for feedback, and don't ever let a negative comment sway you away from building this strategy.

Creating content has many benefits, it will take some time, but you won't know the impact it can have for your business until your start.

(Conveniently, while I was writing this post, I received an email titled: Create Great Content. It's everywhere, and it has only just begun, in theory.)

Photo Credit: http://www.adknowledge.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/FeatImg_ContentMarketing101.jpeg

2 comments:

  1. Your new valuable key points imply much a person like me and extremely more to my office workers. With thanks; from everyone of us.

    Semrush Certification Exam
    Google Adwords Exam Answers
    Hubspot Exam Answers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate what you folks are as a rule up as well. This kind of shrewd work and inclusion! Keep up the superb works folks I've added you folks to my blogroll.To get google ads exam ansers 2020 visit us our websites we provide the ultimate solutions.

    ReplyDelete