Sunday, November 03, 2013

Accountability, achieving your goals by making them known


Daylight savings time is over; we are back to standard time. This is a good time to start preparing for the winter, write down some goals, and set out to achieve them. While most of us have unwritten, unspoken goals that we are setting out to achieve, have you ever considered writing them down and telling someone, if only to make yourself accountable for them?

I am determined, not only to achieve my professional goals, but my personal ones as well, and I have found that I am more inclined to do so if I write them down. So here I am, making myself accountable to achieve these goals by telling you, the world, what I am hoping to achieve in the upcoming months.

1.     Lose 10 pounds from now until Christmas. I have always been an active person, but in the last few years, excuse after excuse, I have stopped being physically active and turned into a beer-drinking couch potato, as such, I have gained a few pounds that need to leave... immediately.

2.     Be a proactive, rather than a reactive, house keeper. This goes without saying, once I let one thing go, the rest seems to follow; from dishes to folding and putting away my clothes, I vow to be proactive in house cleaning.

3.     Pay off unnecessary debt. I don't want any more credit card payments. My financial adviser will give me an ear full when he finds out that I have been carrying a balance on my credit card. Rest assured, dearest friend, I am making this one a priority.

4.     Nurture my talent and passion. Painting, sketching, and writing makes up a part of me that I am determined never to let slip away again, as I once did. I am my happiest when I create things.


5.     Last, but certainly not least, and one that has been plaguing me - Nail biting - Be gone! A nasty habit, and one that is the most difficult to quit. The urge comes and goes, but I would like it to GO.
That's it my friends, my list of things I'd like to accomplish before Christmas - it's a small list, all personal, but it's good to start somewhere.

Feel free to share your goals with me, make yourself accountable, and be one another's support. You can do it (don't ever let anyone tell you that you can't)

No comments:

Post a Comment