Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Creativity isn't logic


Ah, the beauty of thinking of the greatest ideas and then having them flop because, after developing them further, they no longer make sense. Well, I shouldn't be calling this beauty, it's more like a frustrating setback.
You can't force creativity, it comes from being inspired. We must discover or rediscover what inspires us in order to get the creativity flowing.

I've been reading a lot more lately and it's been helping generate more ideas at work and in my blog pieces. Reading inspires me to write. When my creativity drops a considerable amount at the end of the work day, I read articles on marketing and public relations, social media campaigns, and current trends.
When reading such articles, I have a pen and paper handy for note taking. Not only am I able to write down ideas that come to mind, but I regularly generate my own ideas. Brainstorming is powerful when you write everything down instantly then develop them at a later date.

My inspiration for painting comes from anywhere and everywhere, a photo, a story, or web surfing. I've discovered that it doesn't matter where it comes from as long as a great painting comes out of it.
Sometimes people inspire you to be creative as well. A friend of mine makes jewelry, she's my biggest 'creation' inspiration. Her passion for style inspires my own. My friend Karrie is a makeup artist, I never leave the house without a face on.

The people I work with have excellent work ethic, they work hard and try to exceed their own monthly goals. Because of them, I am creative with setting my own goals, short and long term.
Wherever your inspiration comes from, hold on to it and continue exploring it. It allows you to grow into your true authentic self, and sparks more creativity than you ever knew you had.

No comments:

Post a Comment